- What to Read Before Visiting Borobudur?Borobudur: Majestic Mysterious Magnificent Author: John N. Miksic, Noerhadi Magetsari, Jan Fontein, Timbul Haryono Pages: 272 Published: BAB Publishing Indonesia (2011) ISBN: 978-6029827903 Borobudur Author: Louis Frederic Photographer: Jean-Louis Nou Pages: 347 Published: Abbeville Press; First Edition edition (1996) ISBN: 978-0789201348 Borobudur: Golden Tales of the Buddhas Author: John N. Miksic, Anita Tranchini, Marcello Tranchini […]
The post What to Read Before Visiting Borobudur? appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- Picture Gallery of Buddhist Monks and Nuns
- The Shwedagon Pagoda – Myanmar’s World-Famous LandmarkThe most sacred and impressive destination for travellers, pilgrims, and residents, Shwedagon Pagoda stands witness to the history and importance of Buddhism in Myanmar (Burma). Almost 110 meters in height, covered with hundreds of gold plates – and the top of stupa coated with diamonds, the structure of the pagoda is truly amazing. The current […]
The post The Shwedagon Pagoda – Myanmar’s World-Famous Landmark appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- Buddhist Cave Temples and Grottoes
- Top Buddhist Gardens and Temples in BangkokOne of the busiest cities in Asia, Bangkok has some beautiful places to see. Some of the most incredible sights in Bangkok are the temples and gardens. Here are some of those highlights… Wat Pho One of the major temples in Bangkok, Wat Pho or the Temple of the Reclining Buddha is a prominent Buddhist site. This […]
The post Top Buddhist Gardens and Temples in Bangkok appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- Photos of Taung Kalat Monastery, MyanmarThe Taung Kalat Monastery is located at the summit of Taung Kalat, a volcanic plug, just southwest of Mount Popa, in central Myanmar. Taung Kalat’s peak is at 737 metres (2,417 ft) and can be reached on a stairway of 777 steps. At the top, a spectacular panoramic view of Bagan awaits the visitors. For more photos of the monastery, visit our Pinterest […]
The post Photos of Taung Kalat Monastery, Myanmar appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- Slideshow: Introduction to Visiting BorobudurWe’ve put together a short slideshow introducing Borobudur to help you start planning your trip (or pilgrimage!) there… Visiting Borobudur: A Quick Introduction from Buddhist Architecture More from our info about visiting Borobudur: General guide to visiting Borobudur (text and images) Borobudur, Yogyakarta, and nearby: a 7-Day Itinerary Top Hotels for Touring Southeast Asian Countries
The post Slideshow: Introduction to Visiting Borobudur appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- 12 Recommended Books on Buddhist ArchitectureBuddhist Art and Architecture Author: Robert E. Fisher Published: Thames and Hudson, 1993 Pages: 216 pages ISBN: 9780500202654 Buddhist Architecture Author: Huu Phuoc Le, Le Huu Phuoc Published: Grafikol, 2010 Pages: 344 pages ISBN: 9780984404308 Hindu-Buddhist Architecture in Southeast Asia Author: Daigorō Chihara Published: BRILL, 1996 Pages: 278 pages ISBN: 9789004105126 Architecture and Its Models […]
The post 12 Recommended Books on Buddhist Architecture appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- A Beginner’s Guide to AyutthayaOnce an important trading centre, Ayutthaya is now an archaeological ruin in Thailand. Its vast complex of prangs and giant temples are one of Thailand’s must see sights. Here’s how to get the best out of your first visit to this ancient city. A Short History Ayutthaya was founded in 1350 and became Thailand’s second capital […]
The post A Beginner’s Guide to Ayutthaya appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
- Drawings, Paintings and Old Prints of Buddhist TemplesFor more pictures see our new Pinterest Album!
The post Drawings, Paintings and Old Prints of Buddhist Temples appeared first on Architecture of the Buddhist World.
Wednesday, 30 July 2014