Wednesday 21 October 2015

GYOBUTSUJI AND THE ENVIRONMENT: PRACTICING WITH ALL BEINGS

https://ancientwayjournal.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/gyobutsuji-and-the-environment-practicing-with-all-beings/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog

GYOBUTSUJI AND THE ENVIRONMENT: PRACTICING WITH ALL BEINGS
BY SHORYU BRADLEY

A few years ago a person who had visited Gyobutsuji’s website asked me how I got the idea to establish a “green” monastery. The questions surprised me a bit because I had not previously considered being “green” a particularly notable feature of Gyobutsuji, although allowing the monastery to be as environmentally conscientious as possible has indeed been one of my primary aspirations. But it had not really occurred to me that a contemporary Zen monastery would be anything other than sensitive to its impact on our delicate Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment