Monday 15 June 2015

The Enthusiastic Buddhist Suggested Reading

http://www.enthusiasticbuddhist.com/books-on-buddhism-suggested-reading/

The Enthusiastic Buddhist Suggested Reading


Books on Buddhism

We are so fortunate in the West to have so many great Buddhist books available for us to read. Over the years I have read many great books from all the three schools of Buddhism: Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana (also known as Tibetan Buddhism). Of course there are many books I have yet to read, so I’m sure the list below is a work in progress.
Meanwhile I have composed this list of books based on ones I felt really stood out from the crowd. Most are Buddhist books, but a few are non-Buddhist which I found helped me to understand (and accept) some important Buddhist themes.
I have always found it is best to read intuitively – that the right book will come along at the right time. So here is a list of publications which I think are definitely worth a read and see what jumps out at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment